new tunic

An afternoon of frustration and thinking I ruined this lovely fabric turned into a new tunic dress for mòi! I’ve had this fabric for about a year and really wanted to make a tunic out of it. I’ve also been feeling really frustrated with my knitting, so an afternoon of sewing and actually finishing something was much needed.

I never did make my cup of tea though….

image

in my notions bag

I was digging through my notions bag in an effort to find my darning needle and failing since it wasn’t attached to the bit of yarn I normally attach it to. As a result, I ended up dumping my bag out and realized I have a lot of stuff in my bag! It’s nothing special, just a makeup bag given to me years ago that I repurposed. I’d like to make a new one eventually, maybe out of some Star Wars fabric or something cute like that.

image image image

I have three sets of DPNs (size 8, 1 1/2, and 5), my darning needle, a size 8 hat needle, blocking pins, a seam ripper, my sewing gauge/measure thingy, a stitch holder, and a tin from Paris holding safety pins.

image image

On this side, two pair scissors, including the BEST foldup pair EVER, two cable needles, five crochet hooks, stitch markers, three row counters that I didn’t even realize I had, some stray safety pins, a button, and stitch markers. There’s also a latch hook that I use for an orfice hook on my spinning wheel and a little bag I made to hold leftover ends.

That’s a lot of knitting stuff in a little bag! I keep it all in there otherwise I’d NEVER be able to find my scissors, darning needle, stitch markers, etc.